I Would Like to Make a Suggestion

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
+4
Lyra
Kizomaru Hotaru
Mugetsu
Timey-Wimey Lord
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Timey-Wimey Lord
Timey-Wimey Lord

Title : A Physician
Soul Cash : 4842
Male Location : The TARDIS

Character sheet
RPC's:

I Would Like to Make a Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm

No, I'm totally not lifting ideas from my additional English classes, what are you talking about?

So.
I recently saw that there's a new 'minimum length' rule. And this got me thinking, which is generally a bad idea. But in this case, it might be good.
In order to get the creative juices flowing and the word counts up, why not post weekly challenges? There doesn't have to necessarily be a reward or anything, just something a user does for fun.
Each [insert measurement of time here], a challenge is posted, whether it be to write a battle scene according to some guidelines (use the environment to your advantage, battle without bankai/shikai, etc), a counter-argument to a villain/hero's speech, any number of things.
Not only would this improve a person's writing, it would improve their roleplaying ability as well, hopefully. By putting a person into a situation outside of their comfort zone, they can learn to adapt to many a different situation.

My apologies if I'm being vague, my brain's still not exactly functional. Not that it has been for a while, but that's not the point.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Title : The Infamous Hash
Soul Cash : 6036
Female Age : 29

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:31 pm

I think you're onto something. I have actually been wanting to have a contest of some sort for a while now.

I was thinking a contest to write a fight scene, or to deviate from our large amount of fighting, write a scene that involves none of that. Weekly challenges could be some more work to monitor compared to a larger scale, more drawn out event, but then agin, could be worthwhile.

I'll see what other staff has to say about this. :>
Back to top Go down
https://bleachoblivion.rpg-board.net
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 4646
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Oh Gods @.@ If it's a weekly thing don't expect me to participate a lot till my dA shit is done o.o A contest though, a one time or even a monthly writing contest like that, I might be able to pull off depending on how much I'd have to write o.o

All in all it's not a bad idea :3
Back to top Go down
Lyra
Academy Student
Lyra

Soul Cash : 5080
Female Age : 33

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:46 pm

+1

This sounds fun!

It doesn't have to be a contest, why not just post like... a general suggestion, who ever wants to can choose to do it?
Back to top Go down
Salt
Salt

Title : Nomadic Rebel, Future Male Stripper, Philomusically Prodigal Genius, and Destiny Child
Soul Cash : 5099
Male Age : 28

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm

I honestly think this idea is a good one. Like TWL said, it would pull people from their comfort zones if they went for it. And I, for one, would like to improve my skill and such. Plus, it's a good way to mix up rp'ing, rather than just "Battle thread. Battle thread. Battle thread. Passive Thread. Battle Thread. Battle Thread." A weekly thing would be best, I believe, because if it's monthly, once a user gets it completed, then what are they going to do for the rest of the month? Do that same challenge over and over? Of course, it shouldn't be mandatory, like stated above. People may not have the time. But it should be weekly for those that do have the time, and then whenever those that don't pop in, they can choose whether or not to do it. No deadline or anything, maybe just a suggested challenge.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

Title : King of Heroes
Soul Cash : 5280
Male Age : 31
Location : Houston/Austin, TX, USA, NA, WH, Earth, Sun SS, Milkyway, Universe

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 am

Agreed with Bing et al. Sounds awesome, though I'd like it if it was more specific. I enjoyed doing RP samples on sites where they would tell you who you were and what the battlefield and situation was like:

User: 15 year old Chunin
Battlefield: Times Square
Circumstance: Batman just shot a missile at you from the Bat.
Objective: Destroy the bat!
Back to top Go down
Fensake
Unseated Officer
Fensake

Title : The Chang of any group.
Soul Cash : 4821
Male Age : 34

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 am

i like nyc's.....can we use his idea first?
Back to top Go down
Yandere Doctor
Yandere Doctor

Title : Phyrexian Surgeon
Soul Cash : 6422
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Hey, nothing I'd like more than removing the Bat from play.
I agree with Fen.
Someone make Batman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Would Like to Make a Suggestion   I Would Like to Make a Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1