Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elloria
Elloria

Title : The Honey Badger
Soul Cash : 4243
Female Age : 34

Character sheet
RPC's:

Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) Empty
PostSubject: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 am

Sayuri frowned slightly as she wandered through the grocery store a few blocks from her apartment. Hamish and Seamus had claimed that it was her night to cook and had been more adamant about it than she had expected. Usually when they tried to pull that kind of stunt to get out of cooking, she would smack one or both of them and flat-out refuse. Such instances often ended with either no dinner being made or the twins’ creating some ungodly concoction that left the kitchen in shambles and forced the three of them to order out. Sayuri was not up for it tonight. She was going to have a solid meal that was not take-out, even if it killed her. Okay, that was probably a bit of a stretch but she was definitely not leaving things up to the twins. There was still gunk caked to the cabinets from their last disastrous attempt at making something without following a recipe – the brats.

She picked up a paused in the produce section, wondering if she should make some sort of soup. They had some vegetables in the fridge – some cabbage, mushrooms, carrots…probably Tokyo negi as well, if she recalled correctly. Shrugging, she started picking up the other vegetables she would need for a nabemono their mother had been fond of making. It was one of the twins’ favorite dishes and it might be a nice surprise for them, since they had been rather grumpy of late. She paused as she picked up some gobo and looked around her. She had the eerie sensation of being watched, but there was no one nearby who was even looking at her. There didn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary, but she couldn’t shake spine-chilling feeling that something was off right now. It was like the sudden change in barometric pressure just before a terrible storm, but it seemed she was the only one who felt it. Sayuri’s frown deepened as she placed the gobo in her shopping basket and hurried to the meat section. The sooner she got everything together, the sooner she could dash back to the twins where she would feel infinitely safer. As she scanned the selection of monkfish, she stiffened slightly as she felt someone pause beside her. She tried to suppress a shiver, but didn’t quite manage it. She kept her eyes fixed on the monkfish, hoping that whoever it was would get what they had come for and get away from her. She was still new to Karakura and she trusted not one person in this entire city.
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

Title : SAX MAN!
Soul Cash : 4818
Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 am

"And that class, is how one can start diagnosing various mental disorders." The professor looked about the lecture room, his dark eyes flitting between the students. Most where markedly... Normal. With similar hair styles, speech patterns, ways of dressing... The collective group think was staggering. But what bothered him more then the lack of physical individuality was the lack of individual thought. Given time of course he could change that, change them in a way that let them actually understand their potential and unlock the gods and goddesses that resided with in. Of course he would have to break them first, then rebuild them in their own image but that of course took more time then he currently had to invest... Still it was an interesting idea. He shook him self as his eyes lingered on one of the gentlemen in front, no. No now was not the time for his games. "As you all know next week will be my last week as your teacher, but i still expect chapter seven to be read by next class. Just because im leaving does not in fact mean you can slack off." With that he ended his lecture and moved from the podium, yet found his eyes drawn to the singular young man still in the front row... No. No he couldn't start at him now, he had an appointment to keep and a snack to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He often prowled the cities grocery stores, often times he found people who where better off dead, or wishing that they where... But whats more sometimes he found someone interesting... Someone he could really just sink his teeth into. That thought made the immortal laugh like a child at a candy store, and that drew a few odd stares from some of the people who stood near by. He walked among the isles, glancing at the products and every once in a great while tossing something into his cart so as to not look to out of place.

He looked down at him self then and shook his head, though he was dressed in what he generally considered 'safe' clothing he wondered if there was anyway to look more harmless. He doubted it. Though he shuddered yet again as he looked down at his kaki pants and a sweater any kindly father would wear. He would defiantly need to shower after this little escapade. He just hoped Tatyana never had a reason to seem him dress this... Subdued, she would never let him live it down. Though she was still safely tucked away back in Okinawa. Unless of course she pulled her vanishing trick, and in that case he had no idea where the woman might be.

With another shake he started to move, hoping no one had noticed or cared that he had stood there, still as could be longer then anyone naturally would. He began to move again, but something tickled the back of his mind... He could feel something and it called on him. He walked towards it, and finally he spotted what he had come for, a girl of no significant age, but with a bearing that spoke of some in born strength of character... And even from this distance he could smell a certain untapped power in her.... And it made her smell good enough to eat.

Though as he glanced at her out of the corner of his eye he had to wonder if he could have his dessert first, and his dinner last... Because she was, as the kid these days put it, Slammin. Or was it hawt? Maybe rockin? Honestly he had a hard time keeping up with all the modern lingo, though he made an effort to try. With a sigh he focused yet again on the task at hand, and that of corse was his own carnal satisfaction. He could see this girls supple flesh cupped in his hands, as she moan and writhed under him... No that wasn't right... Was it?

He let him self be known then, and turned the trickle of his power into something... More substantial. was she aware of the things that went bump in the night? He would soon truly find out...
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 am

As Sayuri picked up what seemed like an acceptable specimen of monkfish, her eyes widened and her hand was suddenly nerveless. This was more than just some stranger beside her. It was more than just an uneasy feeling. There was power standing beside her – power that reminded her strongly of the shadow-monsters that dwelt beyond the physical world, and the warriors that fought them. She could feel her heart rate speed up and her breath shallowed as she carefully inched away from the sudden uptick in spiritual energy. She worked to school her face into a mask of nonchalance, but she wasn’t entirely certain she succeeded as she cautiously turned to face the source of ominous energy.

Her eyes widened ever so slightly when she found herself facing a tall, older man who could easily have been someone’s father out shopping for dinner groceries. He was handsome in a foreign, professorial way – she’d had a few professors who were quite attractive, when she had bothered attending classes – but he was undoubtedly the reason her skin was crawling in revulsion and the desire to sprint homewards was nearly overpowering. Her eyes flicked over this fairly unassuming-looking man, trying to find out what was so…off about him. He seemed so ordinary, with his casual khakis and sweater and an ordinary laptop bag slung from one shoulder. And then her eyes fell on the man’s shopping cart. It was the most eclectic assortment of items she’d seen: bread, leeks, ground cinnamon, ramen noodles, a small bag of rice, artificial sweetener and a bag of dark chocolate candies. One slender eyebrow rose in query. The words were out of her mouth before she even had chance to think about it. “What sort of dinner requires all of those ingredients?” She mentally cursed her father for his straight-forward manner – she knew that kind of bluntness was wildly out-of-place in Japan, but sometimes she just couldn’t help it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 am

She hardly reacted... But react she did, and thats all he needed, all he wanted, and almost all he craved. Almost. “What sort of dinner requires all of those ingredients?” Ohh what a question to ask, you stupid, stupid girl. Honestly that wasn't at all fair to her, but he did have some notions as to what she was like, at least on the out side... And it sickened him. Sickened him and intrigued him in such an odd was that he had trouble containing a what could only be termed manic glee he suddenly felt rising in him. Felix did have to wonder why she hide her self under all those uncomfortable clothes... And what was hidden under them... In his mind she wore an outfit he reserved for some of his play things, and it made him smile. The girl was just begging to be tied up and played with and he was of half a mind to cave to his more carnal desires, to unleash his darker more passionate side and satisfy his hunger for this ones pale, soft, and malleable flesh. Yes, that outfit brought out a demon he loved to unleash, but like all monsters it needed to be tamed, no matter how hard that was, no matter how painful.

"Ohh its not really for dinner, its just a few odds and ends to pull together my kitchen, though i have toi admit that was kind of blunt... I take it your not exactly from around here?" Any native Japanese would have had slightly more tact then that honestly, so this situation just got a whole lot more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 am

And now she had his undivided attention. He seemed to be sizing her up as well, his eyes subtly traveling over her body. For one wild moment she wondered if he was undressing her in his mind, but that was absurd. She wasn’t exactly unattractive – she knew that – but she held no illusions about her own beauty. She didn’t consider herself to be anyone’s first choice for a relationship, romantic or otherwise. Attachments were messy…but rewarding as well. Yet the way this man looked at her and the smile that slowly spread across his face was terrifying. She pulled her hoodie a little more closely about her, as if it could protect her from the man’s gaze.

She could handle this. She could get out of this and get home safely. She just needed to keep her wits about her. Her question had been stupid and had invited conversation – something she generally avoided – but she could still manage to wriggle out of this if she played her cards right. And if she was really lucky, perhaps she might also be able to have some of her questions about the spiritual world answered. She knew the answers were in Karakura. She didn’t yet know why, but somehow Karakura was significant. Why else would Colin and her mother have died here and not somewhere else? It wasn’t as though those shadow-monsters or warriors were confined to Japan, from what she had seen in the past three years.

She swallowed slightly as the man explained that the items were merely odds and ends for his kitchen. It was…possible, even plausible, but the answer came too smoothly and easily to the man’s lips. She blushed slightly as he asked whether she was from around here or not. She glanced away from him, embarrassed. Why was she having this conversation with a complete stranger? Hadn’t her parents taught her better than this? She bowed very deeply to him. “Please forgive my rudeness. My father was…a very frank man and I seem to have inherited that from him.” She straightened up and gave the man a slightly strained smile. “I grew up in Japan, for the most part, so I should know better by now. My name is Sayuri. May I ask your name, sir?
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Ohh how she cringed, how she wanted to slink away... He could see it in her baring, in the way she pulled her hoodie closer to her, as if to shelter her self from his presence, as if it could save her from him... The fool. Her actions though, did cause a problem... They spoke of fear... They spoke of prey, and the excited his inner predator and that threatened to overwhelm him. To wrench control from him, yet he couldn't let that happen, he couldn't let him self be drawn into that trap... For once he started, he may not be able to stop him self. But ohh how he wanted to some times, just to lose control and indulge like he once did... To bath in the fear of those he would hunt, to drink in the very thing that gave life to the universe... Ohh how he craved it... Yet his rational mind knew he couldn't indulge.

“Please forgive my rudeness. My father was…a very frank man and I seem to have inherited that from him. I grew up in Japan, for the most part, so I should know better by now. My name is Sayuri. May I ask your name, sir?” He let his smile fall a little and just shook his head. "Ohh don't worry about that, i found your directness rather refreshing all things told, i come from a place where people speak more like you... So please don't feel like youve offended, because youve done the exact opposite" He let his smile grow again into something just plain friendly. "You can call me Felix, and i have to say its not often i have a beautiful young woman ask me my name."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Sayuri let out a quiet snort of disbelief, despite the fact she was incredibly uncomfortable right now. This man – this Felix – did not often have “beautiful young women” ask for his name? If that was the case, it was only because he was in Japan and that sort of thing was not really done here. Or perhaps it was because he looked like someone’s aging father? No, appearances had never stopped younger women from approaching her father whenever he had wandered away from the family while on an outing. Felix was probably trying to lure her in to something. But what? …Okay, she wasn’t quite that oblivious. His interest in her was obvious and his flattery hinted at a more…carnal nature to that interest.

She shook her head slightly. She needed to stop reacting with emotion and start thinking. She could sense his spiritual energy with relative ease; who was to say he could not have managed a similar feat? And if he had, that meant he had sought her out specifically. So he had been reacting to whatever aura she was giving off – just as she had reacted to his. He could probably see the sorts of things she could, which meant he probably had at least some answers. So, against her better judgment, she decided to try and keep this conversation going. He wanted direct? She’d give him direct. “A beautiful young woman, huh? It’s not often I’m called beautiful by someone who looks old enough to be my father.” She grinned cheekily at him. “What brings you to Karakura, Mister Felix? Most foreigners aim for one of the bigger cities or districts.
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 am

Well, well, well she seemed interested in something and that meant she had taken the bait... Bait he hadn't known he had thrown but that didn't matter. “A beautiful young woman, huh? It’s not often I’m called beautiful by someone who looks old enough to be my father.” With a subtle shrug he rested his hands on his hips. "Well im surprised, in my experience the older some one becomes the more able they are to appreciate true beauty. But maybe thats just me." Well that was certainty true, the older he got the more likely he was to stop and smell the roses, to enjoy life, to enjoy the beauty of the world in all its magnificently complicated simplicity. The flight of a leaf on the wind, the shadows the moon casts on the clouds in the sky... All these things and more brought a smile to his aged face where no smile was before. “What brings you to Karakura, Mister Felix? Most foreigners aim for one of the bigger cities or districts.”

"Well to begain with I moved here for a job at the university, though i've stayed because I have met some rather... Interesting individuals. Though i may move on in a few years, Have ti see the whole of the world before i die." Well see the whole of it at least ten times... He made a point of crossing the globe at least ones every century or so, kept things fresh and in prospective. [color:b8da= purple]"Though i have to wonder if your from around here or not... Your accent is... A tad odd for this area. You new around here or am i just misplacing you?"
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

She wrinkled her nose slightly. What was he trying to be, some foreign Casanova come to sweep her off her feet? Better able to appreciate true beauty the older you get…whatever. At least she had been right – he was a professor. What did he teach? How long had he been teaching at the university? Who were these “interesting” individuals? Were they people like her and the twins? People who were aware that a world existed beyond this one? “Though I have to wonder if you’re from around here or not... Your accent is... A tad odd for this area. You new around here or am I just misplacing you?

She chuckled softly. “I am a newer resident of Karakura, yes. My brothers and I moved here a few months ago. As for my accent…well, I spent a lot of time in America and Scotland when I was growing up. My family still takes trips to both places at least once a year.” She tilted her head slightly to one side, looking up at the man curiously. “What about you? What are you and where are you from?

Last edited by Elloria on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Where did he come from? Now that... That was a good question. A question he wasn't really sure how to answer. He had been born twice after all, but for simplicity's sake he might not want to mention that. Still he had to say something. "Ohh from here and there, i do a lot of traveling my self actually. Been all over the world, so i guess you could say my home town is the open road... As corny as im sure that sounds." He laughs a little at that and rest his hands back on the bar to his shopping cart, his deep, ageless eyes looking her over one more time before settling once again on her own deep pools of confused thought. He let more of his power leak out of him then and start to... In a word... Caress the girl, even if there was no actual physical feeling. He could feel the mind that resided in his book start to awake ever so slightly... He could tell she wasn't all that happy about being awoken from her beauty sleep.

He put that out of his mind though, his doll was ALWAYS contrary when she first awoke, it was something they both had in common. "Though i think ill be getting out of you hair... Unless you had any other questions for me?" Felix wanted her to take the bait he had laid out... He wondered if she would. "I have a feeling your a girl with a never ending supply of them, having such an... Active mind." Those last two words where spoken in a hushed, erotic ton... One that could make even the most hardened of porn starts blush... He had perfected it over the years, and it never failed to get ones mind racing with thoughts both sensual and fulfilling.
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

He had answered her first question with all the clarity of mud. That was just fantastic. While it could mean he just wasn’t the type to talk about himself – and she could certainly understand that mentality – she had to wonder if it meant there was a story there. What were his real reasons for traveling the world? Confusion filled her gaze as she studied his eyes, wondering not only about his story but why his eyes seemed paradoxically old and young. She was about to ask him to clarify when she suddenly felt…something. Like a warm caress over her body, but there was still a shopping cart between them – he couldn’t have done it. Yet the feeling persisted and she wondered…there had been another spike in his power just before the sensation began. Was it…could he be…? Oh, no. She was not playing that game with him. She shoved aside the tingling she felt at the sound of his sultry voice. She was outraged. Who did this man think he was that he could just…do whatever the heck it was he was doing?

Her gaze hardened as she looked steadily into his eyes. Sayuri Ualas could tolerate a surprisingly large number of things. But nobody – nobody – touched her in this kind of intimate way without her permission. “I must admit I have several questions for you,” she said coolly. Her voice dropped in volume so that only Felix could hear her. “Let us start with the first. Just what exactly do you think you are doing? Do you believe I cannot feel the greasy energy that is oozing out of you right now?” She moved closer to him, so that she was practically pressed against his shopping cart. She felt something coiling in her gut, something that wanted to lash out at this man for what felt like insolence. He had no business making her feel this slimy and disgusting. She was seething and the desire to reach out and break his face in was readily apparent in her posture and tone of voice. “I do not care how powerful you are, you will cease whatever it is you are doing that is making my skin crawl as though a thousand hands were skittering across it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 am

Ohh she didn't like that, she didn't like that one bit. How amusing. How laughable. She thought to tell him... No she commanded him to do as she willed. He let out a a rather amused laugh and stopped his energy from molesting the girl... Such spunk was to be rewarded after all. Though before he with drew he made sure she felt as if she had been patted on the head... Twas the only way he could think of to show how much he had enjoyed that little out burst. It wasn't often that David stood up to Goliath, and such moxi deserved to be rewarded, if only be doing the small thing she asked. "Just because you ask so nicely,,, Though next time you talk like that to people of.... My caliber you may want to phrase it a tad differently, most are not as nice as me." Which was an odd understatement considering he wasn't all that nice him self, but the point was still there, and more powerful for that.

["Though theres not much you could do if i wished to continue," He leans on his cart, that smile turning darker as he looked her in the eye. "And yes, please feel threatened... Yell, scream, run away... Draw attention. Do what ever you feel necessary to protect your self... I am the monster under your bed after all, though you may know be by another name... To gentlemen im misfortune, to ladies im surprise, call me by any name, any way its just the same." His words are oddly musical, and it seems to fit him a little to well. Then suddenly he straitens and his smile turns back to the fatherly one. "But for now i guess, ill be Felix. Though thats mostly dependent on you, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 am

Sayuri ground her teeth together. The condescending little…he’d had the unmitigated gall to give her a spiritual pat on the head! What did he think she was, a child? She was young, most assuredly, but she was an adult now. She took care of her brothers, she was looking for a job, she was careful with their funds – she was more responsible than the twins and they were older than her! And this man was not family, so he most definitely had no business treating her like a child. The urge to strike him was growing stronger, the core of her body feeling as though it were coiling inward. Every word he spoke was poison in her veins and it felt as though action was the only cure for it. Her right hand tightened around the handles of her grocery basket and her whole arm tensed, as though she were moments away from striking.

You don’t telegraph your intentions. This wasn’t good. She was forgetting her training. Her mother would be ashamed. You don’t let emotions guide you. You are fluid water – alive and dynamic. She felt herself begin to relax as her mother’s strict tone shot through her memory. Assess your situation before you strike, Sayuri. She took a deep calming breath and did just that. He was clearly trying to provoke her into some kind of confrontation. While he was older than her, the raw power that she had felt belied his aging appearance. He was strong. She knew he was strong – probably a good deal stronger than her. Now was not the time to beat the crap out of her opponent. So…she would play nicer now. He had complied with her demand, after all. “If you are all that lurks under my bed, I feel that I do not have as much to fear as I suspected. You are no shadow being – only an aged man with an unnatural spiritual energy and a perverted sense of humor.” She turned back to the monkfish and started looking through them again. She needed a good one for dinner so as not to disappoint the twins. Though if she was honest with herself, she would happily drop the basket and just bolt right now. She was tamping down heavily on her emotions right now, but in the deepest recesses of her heart she could not deny her fear. The shadow beings had not looked human – it was easy to dismiss them as monsters and think nothing more of them. But this Felix…he looked like any other man and it terrified her to know that underneath that was something that felt far more sinister than a human should. But pride kept her in place. She had shown fear once before. She would not do so again. Even if it killed her.
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:40 am

Anger yes. Anger, he could see it rising in her, he could see her clinch her fist and he willed her to try and strick him... To try and hurt him, it may have made him feel alive once more. To see some one struggle against insurmountable odds would give him great pleasure. But no... It seemed she had more self control then that, what a pity. Still it did his haunts heart good to see her struggle so, and to know he caused this inner turmoil. It was... Just plain pleasant. Then suddenly... She just relaxed. How sweet! It was like she was convincing her self that she wasn't afraid, that she wasn't about to get her immortal soul ripped from her body... That just made him smile. It was not a pleasant smile at all. It was more of a wolfs grin then anything else, a wolfs grin to a sheep.

But that was what he was, a wolf in sheep's clothing. It was what he was born for, made for... And it was what his instincts told him to do. But unlike most wolves he liked to play with his food... To watch it squirm, to bast it in its own fear. It made the soul taste so much better, though some times he liked to season them with something more... Like love or lust for instance, the contrast of flavors made his palette tingle... Though he doubted he could make this one feel lust any time soon.... But maybe dread? Yes dread added a unique flavor as well.

"Ohh your right about one thing... Im not some obvious monster ohh no... That would be to easy, to mundane." He chuckled and leaned against case that held the fish, his left hand propped on his side. "No, what i am is much, much worse. Or couldn't you tell Sayuri?" With a soft chuckle he let his eyes close once more and closed off his power completely... Not letting any of it escape. " You see, im the monster the hides in plain site... The monster that gets close... The monster you forget about ever having met tell its far to late... But you know whats more? Im the monster that you want to meet, want to know even if you know for a fact that it wont end well. But do you know whats worse then all that?" He smiles that same sadistic smile. "Im the monster you can never escape, never run from... Never hide from. But you can always test me on that if you want Sayuri, im sure you would be willing to bet your life on it... But what about your dear brothers? Are you willing to bet theres?" He leans in close, his eyes blazing like emerald fire, his reflections balefull gaze looking up at her. "It's time to throw the dice..." His voice is soft and sweet... Caring in fact...
Back to top Go down
Elloria
Elloria

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Ohh you’re right about one thing... I’m not some obvious monster ohh no... That would be too easy, too mundane.

Sayuri did her best to pay a minimal amount of attention to Felix. She couldn’t completely ignore him – that was just suicidal – but she didn’t have to really listen to what he was saying, either. By the looks of things, she was in for some variation of The Villain’s Monologue. She gave an internal sigh of exasperation as her suspicions proved correct. She wasn’t sure which was more disquieting – the fact that he was so cliché or the fact that he so easily hid his spiritual energy. That really would make him harder to keep track of, but she couldn’t really do anything about that. Perhaps she could figure out how to do that little trick on her own? The twins could probably help her out with that. Hamish's "vision" had vastly improved ever since he had been partially blinded and Seamus, in his new found paranoia, had worked to improve his own spiritual senses as well.

But that would have to wait until she returned home. She just had to pick a monkfish and try to slip away. The less she encouraged Felix, the better. She had almost completely tuned him out – had even picked up the perfect pair of fish – when Felix mentioned her brothers. Sayuri’s head instantly snapped up and if a gaze could puncture people hers surely would have, so great was its intensity. She didn’t like where this was obviously going. No, she did not like it at all. But beyond her empty intense stare, there was no indication of how she might be feeling. The man’s tone was at complete odds with the very obvious threat in his words. It was…caring, strangely enough. Was he toying with her? Like a cat toys with a bird before killing it? She wouldn't be surprised. In fact, she really should have seen it coming. Stupid temper - it got her into trouble more often than not.

She closed her eyes and shook her head with a heavy sigh. "I have no desire to know you. I foolishly thought you would have answers to my questions. Instead, you are only interested in playing with me. You are proving to only be a waste of my time with your thinly-veiled threats and condescension." She set the monkfish in her basket. "As for my brothers' lives, I can safely say they do not fear death. Kind of hard to when you've seen it with your own eyes, tasted it on your lips, and felt it down to the very core of your soul. They wouldn't be happy with me, but fear a monster?" Her eyes gazed at the floor as she remembered that day. Sadness filled her whole being, but there was an infinite tenderness there as well. Time was slowly making it easier, if not necessarily better, and the twins were the greatest source strength she had right now. Those idiots really didn't know when to stop - or perhaps they didn't care. It didn't matter, either way.

She looked back up at Felix, meeting his baleful gaze with a far more serene one. "Those boys wouldn't know anything about that nor could they be taught." She turned and made her way towards the registers. She knew the twins were getting anxious. They had been together almost constantly since The Day the Music Died, as Sayuri had come to call it. In the beginning, they had needed that contact desperately. No one else remembered what really happened - they hadn't even really seen anything - and it had been a great comfort to know that if they were crazy, they were crazy together. But they needed to start spending some time apart, to ease the anxiety when Sayuri eventually got a job. Their father wasn't going to pay for their upkeep forever and he shouldn't have to, either. She sighed, wondering where she might be able to get work in town. It hadn't seemed like anyone was hiring at the moment, which was just depressing. She wanted to start feeling self-sufficient again...

Sayuri shook her head and set her basket on the counter as a cart pulled up behind her in line. She automatically glanced to see who it was and felt her eyes widen, then narrow as she saw Felix grinning at her. There was a whole host of empty registers available. He really was toying with her and she knew her patience with the game would wear thin quickly. The question was how quickly. "We meet yet again," she said coolly.
Back to top Go down
Kaede Soshi
Seasoned Member
Kaede Soshi

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Touched a nerve did he? Felix just tuned out her little rant, only coming out to hear her say something about being stereotypical.... Ahh well, it was true that there was no such thing as truly unique though anymore. Still he wouldn't go so far as to say his little spill had been average. Baring that though, he felt as if he had done a remarkable job... Instilling some emotion in the woman he had set his eyes on. She leaves him then, to continue her shopping as it where, and that leaves him to explore his thoughts for the next few minutes.

"We meet yet again,"

He shakes him self from his thoughts and smiles over at the woman he had fallowed unconsciously . It seemed that his hunger was taking over a little more with every passing moment. She was after all, a rather delectable mouthful. She was also just on the edge of loosing her cool. "And not for the last time i think, ive come to enjoy your company." With a small laugh he continues. " You dont know how rare that is~"

((Ya its shit, sorry im kinda brain dead))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede)   Polite Dinner Conversation (Kaede) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1