God of Death
Azreal

Title : Mr. Ultimate
Soul Cash : 4977
Male Age : 25

Character sheet
RPC's:

General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Night.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Admin
Mugetsu

Title : The Infamous Hash, Unlimited Potential, Black Ice
Soul Cash : 4355
Female Age : 24

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm

No... I can't get a job that's far away because I don't drive. Especially with winter coming up.

They said the resolution of the pictures. they all look blurry or something. I'm thinking I may start giving a shit though... even when we get a new member, or someone comes back, they just fuck off and disappear again anyway. If changing everything is only going to attract people who are like that... it's not worth it. I don't care to have people like that on my site. If this place did somehow get big... it would be just like era of oblivion before the shitstorm. It was all drama. We weren't friends. Here, we're like a group of friends. there, we just kept turning on each other and fighting. and I was no help either, because I had to pretty much handle it all myself, and got pissed off. So yeah, if the site gets big, I may pass off my head admin position to someone else... I'm not cut out for it.

And now I'm rambling. yay.

WITNESS MY POWER:

Back to top Go down
http://bleachoblivion.canadian-forum.com
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Parents and family members all ways do those things. Trust me, you arenot the only one with that type of family. Everyone does in some ways. You can argue with them about it, or ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Title : Rex Draconis, Bringer of divine fury, Technomancer of Cascades, Aetheromancer, Master of the Eldritch, Invincible Cleric, Plaugelord, Tantibunecromancer, Lord of Prohibition, & Mayor of a little village up the coast.
Soul Cash : 3188

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Nothing wrong with rambling; it gets things out there and can get you places (if you have any essays to do, do them now; that's all they are).

That, is a very good point. it's a lot of fun to even just be in the general chat here. And when in the middle of a shit storm, you can't help but have a crappy day.

As for the job, well, you may need to consider public transit; a job with a shitty commute it still a job unfortunately. use the money right, and you get get on the path too driving.

On that note, the waitlist for the second test towards the license (the G2) is hell; all weekends are booked right up to the new year. fortunately for you, there's no wait list for a G1 test; once you decide you go to the place and they give you the test (once they get to serving you...)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is Ignaeon, when I lay My vengeance upon thee.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Title : Rex Draconis, Bringer of divine fury, Technomancer of Cascades, Aetheromancer, Master of the Eldritch, Invincible Cleric, Plaugelord, Tantibunecromancer, Lord of Prohibition, & Mayor of a little village up the coast.

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 pm

As for the family thing; it may be wise to get your dad to notice that you're capable of making you're own decisions and, since he's probably doing this because he think's it's going to save you the trouble of making mistakes (there's always a method to madness), your own mistakes. it may be a good idea to show him you wish to experience these things in your own way, and that you will consider his advice if your way doesn't work.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is Ignaeon, when I lay My vengeance upon thee.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:06 pm

You're right, we are like a family. The smaller, the less drama. XD Eventhough we some times but heads.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin
Mugetsu

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:13 pm

I can't ignore them, when they won't stop. @.@ Lol, get this, my dad was actually yelling at me because I don't carry around a purse like every other girl. Like I give a fuck. why would I need to carry a big thing like that around when I have fucking pockets?

I think I'll probably start my driving course during the summer.

He doesn't think I can make my own decisions. He thinks I'll fuck my life up just because my mother did.

WITNESS MY POWER:

Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Then here's the third option, and my personal favorite: "acceptance"; not arguing with what they say, but going along with it, and arguing a separate point. eg.: he doesn't want you to fuck your life up? well, it's your life to fuck up. then thank him for the advice, and mention how you'll take it to heart if you do wind up fucking your life up. The purse thing? point out how you're trying to focus your money towards more important things; such as public transit.

And lastly, just point out to him that you're not your mother, and since you know her path, you could avoid it (keep in mind I have no knowledge of the path.)

I'll be heading to bed in about half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin
Mugetsu

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:31 pm

I can't say a thing like that, he'd cut off my funding and then I'd be screwed. Very Happy Or he'd just screech at me about how much more experience he has than me and how I don't know shit. Well I'll never know shit if he doesn't give me some fucking space.

And all right.

WITNESS MY POWER:

Back to top Go down
Salt
Salt

Title : Nomadic Rebel, Future Male Stripper, Philomusically Prodigal Genius, and Destiny Child
Soul Cash : 3418
Male Age : 23

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Nothing much to say, except I agree with what J said at the top. xD

Warning: Funny/Sexual Content::

Kilik's Killionaires
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Hmm you'r probably right about how, if you say you want the right to fuck up your life, he'd pull your funding. Incidentally, is he paying in full, or will you have debts afterward?

Well, if he does ever start screech at you about how he has more experience than you, explain to him that that's why you need some space; so you can make your own decisions so you can gain experience with those things.

Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Title : The Unfettered
Soul Cash : 3094

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Mugetsu wrote:
I can't ignore them, when they won't stop. @.@ Lol, get this, my dad was actually yelling at me because I don't carry around a purse like every other girl. Like I give a fuck. why would I need to carry a big thing like that around when I have fucking pockets?

I think I'll probably start my driving course during the summer.

He doesn't think I can make my own decisions. He thinks I'll fuck my life up just because my mother did.

Um... what? xD

That's, like, a taboo where I come from
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:41 pm

It's silly, but there's more than the problem of demanding a stereotype.

Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Back in my day, we didn't carry around purses and have fancy phones and french fried potatoes. We had to use husks of corn.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 2965
Female Age : 28

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Your parents are just fucked up, your dad the most of the bunch...I really wish someone could smack a bitch though, but that'd get you in a shit load more trouble x.x There's gotta be someway to get him to back the fuck off, one that won't get your ass in trouble and one that actually works @.@

General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 3607715-chain-background-grunge-1-1
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin
Mugetsu

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't really know. We had a deal where I paid it all, and then he will be paying me it all back over the course of the year. So technically I paid for it, but he will be paying for it in the end.

JayK wrote:
Back in my day, we didn't carry around purses and have fancy phones and french fried potatoes. We had to use husks of corn.

^ That made me lol a bit. o.o

Kizo, it'll never stop. Not until I'm all rich and successful so that he can live in my basement when he gets old (not happening at this point). e.e

WITNESS MY POWER:

Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Kizomaru Hotaru wrote:
Your parents are just fucked up, your dad the most of the bunch...I really wish someone could smack a bitch though, but that'd get you in a shit load more trouble x.x There's gotta be someway to get him to back the fuck off, one that won't get your ass in trouble and one that actually works @.@

Sadly, I have experienced this with my grandmother. Though, this isn't a stereotype conversation, but more of the ridiculing me for being a bisexual Razz

This persisted for about... four years? Over the course of that, I've had three emotional breakdowns and a slight mental one. I hated myself for a good portion of two years. Tried to kill myself, blah blah.

I finally snapped one day, and said to her when she told me "being bisexual will send you straight to hell"; "Coming from the woman who drinks four cases of beer a week and locked her husband out of the house, forcing him to sleep on the porch during the dead of fucking winter. If I'm going to hell, you're going down with me ten times over, you damn bitch."

Word for word, it's what I said. We do not talk anymore, and I've suffered a deeeep loss of morality from the experience.

My Point, Mugu: Don't let that shit get to you, like it did me. He's pretty fucked in the head for trying to stereotype you. Really, he has absolutely no reason to. So, your thoughts? "Old man, just remember who's got your life support when you're in the hospital."

He'll either clean up his act, or he'll lash out. Either way, he'll need to do something or he'll lose his daughter.

~ This has been a rant by Jay. You can now return to your regularly scheduled chatting.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 pm

Well, ass he may be, but he was smart with his method of doing this; he's got you trapped, but provided you stick it out, you'll be leaving with money rather than debt. that's a big advantage, and a good way to do it. however, since you ARE paid off, you're technically not in debt; you definitely have more leeway now if you were to drop out (provided you find a job and place to live, but it shouldn't come to that; I find that it's just nice to know you do have a fallback sometimes).

There is a way to get him to back off; we just need to stop thinking about how there needs to be a way, and instead focus on finding that way.

Methods so far:
Ignore: cut contact with familiy. considering they pay the bills this doesn't seem an option.
Argue: Try to show them that the're wrong. no one likes accepting being wrong though, and this is a very rough approach.
"accept": Arguing where you never deny any of their points, only pointing out contradictions, and making relevent yet non contradictory points. unfortunately, this leaves a lack of room.

we could use more options.

Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin
Mugetsu

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Yeah, I'm trying. >.< The life support line = epic. xD

More options would be better. o.e

WITNESS MY POWER:

Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm

And Jay, I think that you did the right thing on that one.

I honestly think I'm insane sometimes because of the fact that I honestly don't give a fuck about a lot of things anymore, namely people's opinions, and things I can't change. thank goodness I have a halfdecent moral code or I'm pretty sure I'd be a total psychopath. But then I remind myself that if I'm crazy, than crazy is the only sane response, and at least I don't see shit that isn't there.

Indeed we do. Brainstorming time!
Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 pm

I have an idea:

The hold-and-fold option. Here's where it'll require perseverance on your part. Simply take your money, however you can; work hard, but quite literally stay despondent. Just speak with hello's and byes, do your work and finish your priorities.

Know why this is good?
- You don't need to talk to him.
- He can't not help pay you off, considering that you have your priorities straight.
- In a perfect world, he would come to this instantly; but he'll slowly get the memo that if he keeps shit up, he'll lose his daughter.

Once you're done with college? Tell him thanks, point out the flaws, and leave. If he's a half-decent human being, he'll attempt to talk to you again. Don't give him the time of day, though.
Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 pm

I may be cold in that, but it's a good contingency plan.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin
Mugetsu

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 pm

I'd get really lonely though. u.u Even though he pisses me off all the time, there are times when he's all right, and I like being around him. I couldn't just cut him off like that. >.<

WITNESS MY POWER:

Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 pm

He seems like it would encourage more of it from what I heard of him anyway.

I wish could help more, but I need to head to bed now, so I'm just going to leave this here;

give 'em hell.
Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 pm

@Mugu: That's why I said perseverance xD
Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 pm

That song is epic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat (OOC)
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BLEACH NIRVANA ::  General :: Archives :: OOC-
Jump to:  
SISTER SITES
SO I WISH FOR STRENGTH
General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 Affiliatebanner1-1 Devil Never Cry
Road to Nowhere Bleach The World
KHA An AU KH/FF School RP Forum General Chat (OOC) - Page 5 Aff10
CENSUS
IF I CANNOT PROTECT THEM FROM THE WHEEL
ARRANCAR 16 18
BOUNT 3 3
FULLBRINGER 5 12
HOLLOW 3 4
HUMAN 6 7
QUINCY 7 6
SHINIGAMI 13 36
TOGABITO 8 12
VISORED 7 11
TOTAL 68 108
SPOTLIGHT
THEN GIVE ME A STRONG BLADE
Doctor is the member of the month. Ever since he joined, he's been extremely active, and really knows how to get things moving plot-wise. He was recently promoted to staff as well, and so far has shown great enthusiasm. He's also a friendly presence in the c-box, which is never a bad thing.

Gray is character of the month. Apparently one of the more popular characters on the site, well-known for his habit of stripping, which isn't good enough for Ulqui, but seems to do the job for his numerous IC fangirls. Has also earned (EARNED, not bought) numerous stat points in the past few months. Side note: Anyone who speaks of a gilf pairing will be shot on sight. :U
CREDITS
TO SHATTER FATE
Skin coded by Mugetsu. Some codes were taken from w3schools. Various images were taken from zerochan. Information used was taken from Bleach Wiki. Tite Kubo owns Bleach and it's respective characters. Information and posts made on the forum are copyrighted to the member base. Please do not steal.