General Chat (OOC) - Page 38

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Chat (OOC)

Go down 
+7
Ignaeon
Mugetsu
JayK
Kizomaru Hotaru
Gent4
Ulqui-chan
Azreal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Title : Mr. Ultimate
Soul Cash : 6687
Male Age : 30

Character sheet
RPC's:

General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

I can easily falcon punch you.

Last edited by Azreal on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 am

Perhaps.

Face claim L.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Title : Rex Draconis, Bringer of divine fury, Technomancer of Cascades, Aetheromancer, Master of the Eldritch, Invincible Cleric, Plaugelord, Tantibunecromancer, Lord of Prohibition, & Mayor of a little village up the coast.
Soul Cash : 4898

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 am

Mikura wrote:
Ignaeon wrote:
Would a wise character not learn how to play around their weakness? as an example; suppose a character's fighting style has a huge opening (perhaps they swing to wide, and are vulnerable to counters). once a character learns this, would they not focus on reducing this opening? true, this does not always work, but why would the soul society send one person to deal with the espada lord? provided their working in teams, these teams could cover each other's weaknesses. also note the lack of other abilities; just because one knows a weakpoint doesn't mean they can exploit it (i.e.: why should it matter that I know the're weak to fire if I can't produce fire, and don't learn this in time to have someone at my side who can). Finally, the ability would be known among the espada, and this lord would not be too paranoid (i.e.: he's not the type to kill someone because he learned they said they'd kill him; he may just be slightly more on gaurd, increase his personal body gaurds slightly.

Again, my example was between two individual members of the Espada. Say, #3 and #2. It is irrelevant how the character acts who has the ability, the ability itself has incredibly overpowered atributes. If someone was sent to by a spy and act as someone else, your character can meet them and immediately know they are a spy - If you choose to gain that piece of information. The fact that the information you gain isn't random and based upon what you want is the issue here.

Izuru Kira, who has the Zanpakuto that doubles the weight of anything it touches. By seeing the scene where he reveals this to an opponent (Which you could choose to do so), you can completely negate his ability by not blocking, but dodging his attacks.

I can't stress enough that the problem isn't with you, nor the character. The technique itself has so much potential to be abused that if I personally was to have it, I could rather simply counter every character on this forum just by being smart about the images I choose to see. <- That is a fault within the ability itself.

that is true. however, just because I know what the answer is, doesn't mean I can supply it. And just because I can dodge, doesn't mean I could counter; keep in mind that if he blocks me, the result is the same, and therefore I have very few windows of attack. the result is I wind up on the defensive, able to dodge, but not attack. a single slip up on his part will give me an opening which I may hurt him in, but a single slip up on mine, and I'm pretty much done for (hard to dodge with double weight). just because I see the matchup doesn't immediately make it favorable.

the above applies in most cases as well; usually, I'll be forced on the defensive, without hope of attacking in a beneficial way. I can stall, but it probably wouldn't be moving towards anything, and the slip up example still applies.

Since we may now confirm he would be forced on the defensive, we can move on to how long it would take before the ability was discovered. using your example of sending a spy; the moment it becomes known that he knows that "x is a spy", the spy would attempt to, and likely succeed in, escaping. presuming the spy would not have been detected through an action on it's part, suspicion will arise on how the spy was found out. now, since we are working under the assumption that this isn't my character using the ability, but someone using it in such a way to be as broken as possible, we can assume he did not mention the spy's past; that would be a dead give away. we can also assume he avoided combat with the spy, as knowledge of technique would be enough to know how to counter it. in fact, if he fights a person seriously, and the person escapes, the ability no longer has the element of surprise. people know that he knows; the may not know how, but they know he does, and that's enough.

so yes, while he may know a spy on sight, he is now in a dilemma on what to do: attack and lose the element of surprise, watch carefully and arouse suspicion, or feed misinformation and rely on the espada to keep their mouth shut about the real plans. the last option will also eventually rouse suspicion eventually, as to much misinformation allways does.

I am not dissagreeing with the fact that the power is astounding, but long term it is not as much so and can be played around in many situations; once kira realises his attacks won't connect, he could go on the defensive and focus on blocking, which would have the same effect as being blocked. However, there may be things I have missed, so continue with the discussion; although perhaps an actual thread ought to be made for this, so we don't clog general.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Title : The Infamous Hash
Soul Cash : 6065
Female Age : 29

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 am

You guys should take that to pm. o.o I'm interested in going up against that ability in a pvp though. You don't need to make a character for a pvp, you can just wing it if you want.

I'm in a fighting mood now. xD Probably because of my dream. >w>
Back to top Go down
https://bleachoblivion.rpg-board.net
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Title : Rex Draconis, Bringer of divine fury, Technomancer of Cascades, Aetheromancer, Master of the Eldritch, Invincible Cleric, Plaugelord, Tantibunecromancer, Lord of Prohibition, & Mayor of a little village up the coast.

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am

Dream?
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah, I just woke up. I could have gone back into the dream, but I got woken up completely by a text before I could. ;-; Now I forget what it was about, except that I was fighting someone (most of my dreams are like that anyway), and that I could jump really high and run really fast. It was fucking cool. =w=
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:34 am

nice. I practically never remember my dreams (if I do indeed dream), and I preffer it that way. the ones I remember are often... unnerving...
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 am

I like dreams that are unnerving. owo I had one last weekend that was actually horrifying. It was one of those times where I sat bolt upright as I woke up. O.o
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 am

I don't believe I've ever done that. And I dislike them because I can be paranoid at times. they usually involve zombies, mind control, eldritch beings, etc.

it doesn't help that I live on a street with no streetlights and a bog like forest composing one side.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm

It's not what is in my dream that gets me, but what happens in them. And sorry, lol. I fell asleep for a bit. o.o
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:24 pm

it's all good. I'm just about to eat lunch and get going.
Back to top Go down
Eliminate-Reality
Captain
Eliminate-Reality

Title : Pride Incarnate
Soul Cash : 4385
Male Age : 108

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:29 pm

What's hanging Amigos? EReal is back!
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I guess now would be a good time to get out of bed then. xD

Yo Ereal. o.o Read through shiz in the announcement and staff forums.
Back to top Go down
Eliminate-Reality
Captain
Eliminate-Reality

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Already on it.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Hola.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:49 pm

It's almost noon and I'm still so tired. n.n I don't even know why... I actually went to bed at 1:30 last night (or this morning I guess), and that's pretty early, for me. o.o
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:52 pm

it could be any number of reasons; diet, consecutive late nights, rough sleep, early morning, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Probably all of those except for the last one. xD And you just reminded me, I forgot to go buy more food. @.@ We'll have to go do that once you get here.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 4675
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:01 pm

*yawn* Bored ._. I think today is gonna be a "hang in my room and reply to stuff" day, and make that new EL if it's needed and if I can think of abilities ><
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:15 pm

La, la, la
Back to top Go down
Eliminate-Reality
Captain
Eliminate-Reality

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm making a new character so I can roleplay more Very Happy Also, this character will be very interesting in my mini-plots.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm in the process f making a character based on me (Shin Izanagi). xD I'm just stuck on the hollow stuff and big time stuck on the bio.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:23 pm

What hollow stuff? o.o

Oh and Hash, I had an idea for the new EL o.o Could be a way to introduce "them" =w= *will say in hide out o-o*
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:28 pm

She's a visored, so mask and what-not. .-.

And okay, lol.
Back to top Go down
Eliminate-Reality
Captain
Eliminate-Reality

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Well, I'm done with my RPC. Hopefully, it's okay. xD
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm

@Hash: Ah o.o Hm..I can go look at the WIP XD It'll probably be after I come back from some place though, I guess since my little bro is going I've gotta go x.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat (OOC)
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next